5 Budget Honeymoon Beach Destinations Offering The Most Bang For Your Buck
Honeymoon On 7377 0
When I started researching budget honeymoon destinations, I looked for places that were beachy, luxurious and affordable. Somewhere we could spend freely without constantly watching our bank account because a single drink cost $12. So even though the recession has the US Dollars value falling steadily, there are still some places where the US Dollar can get us a lot more for your money. It may not be cheap to get to some of these destinations, but they do offer the most bang for your buck once you get there.
- If you can afford the long flight, with the USD converting to roughly 30 Baht, Thailand is somewhere you will want to consider. Aside from the delicious Thai food that is super duper cheap (you can eat a meal for less than $3 including a soda/bottled water), four star hotels can be found for less than $60 a night. Foot rubs, traditional Thai massage and oil massage can be found for less than $10 a pop.
- The weather is quite warm year round (around 70-80F), except for the mountains where it can be a little cooler. There’s a little something for everyone, with the bustling city of Bangkok, the quieter mountain areas like Chiang Mai, and the beaches to the south. Phuket, Kho Samui and Kho Phi Phi have popular beaches where you can find private villas on the beach for less than $100 per night.
- This tropical beach paradise comes at the bargain rate of 10,700 Indonesian Rupiah to 1 USD. Four star hotels can be found for less than $50 per night and a meal can cost as little as $3.
- Soak up the sun on the beaches of Seminyak and get a taste of Balinese culture and massages in the villages of Ubud. Art lovers will enjoy Balis vibrant art scene while adventurers can hang out with cute monkeys in the Monkey Forest Park.
- With 1 USD converting to around 500 Costa Rican Colons, Costa Rica offers adventure and beaches on the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans at an affordable price. There’s something for most everyone with beaches, jungles and wildlife.
- Costa Rica has 8 of Central Americas Top 10 Beaches and all of them offer highly rated hotels and vacation rentals under $100 a night. To cut costs and truly experience Costa Rica, eat at local sodas (Costa Rican diners) and food stands for around $5 a meal. If you don’t mind a short daily rain shower, go during green (rainy) season, May through November, when hotels offer deeply discounted rates.
- There are over 7000 islands with pristine beaches and stunning views to choose from. And with the USD converting to around 44 Philippine Pesos, this is a country worth considering.
- Boracay, Cebu and Palawan are some of the more popular islands and four star accommodations can be found for under $60 per nite. Food is inexpensive as well, with a local meal costing under $3. With a variety of activities ranging from snorkeling, hiking and eco-adventure tours, you will never run out of things to do.
- Imagine sitting on the beach…a rum punch in one hand, a platter of delicious jerk chicken in the other with reggae tunes playing in the background. And then imagine that 1 USD is worth 100 Jamaican Dollars. Yeah, it’s real.
- This destination has forests, waterfalls, historic sites, amazing food and some of the best dance clubs in the Caribbean. Check out popular resorts in Montego Bay, Ocho Rios and Negril, where rooms can be found at 3 and 4 star hotels for around 100 USD per nite. The best meals can often be found at a local jerk hut or restaurant offering meals ranging from 2 to 8 USD.
Can you think of any other budget honeymoon destinations offering a great deal for the US Dollar? Tell us in the comments below!